Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spring is coming (maybe? :)

Like the rest of the country, we've had unusually heavy snowfall the last few weeks (for Indy anyway). I love the way it softens the sounds of the city, and frosts all the gingerbread houses in my neighborhood. This is the B&B next door to me, the Yellow Rose Inn, and it was glowing this first night of winter wonderland.
But while I love the softness of the snow, I'm pining for spring! I'm tired of turtlenecks & boots & kneesocks - I want shorts & flip flops, my feet are claustrophobic! I bought these tulips on Valentine's Day, because they were so beautiful and they remind me that fresh, green life is not far over the horizon.
If you feel trapped in a literal or figurative winter right now, find some tulips & hang on with me! :)

No comments: